How do I log into the library?
There are two different logins that you will encounter when using the library's resources online. The first is our proxy server login (used primarily to access our Research Databases and ebooks), and the second is your login information for your patron account (where you can request items be placed on hold, see what you have checked out, and renew items etc). Follow the instructions below for determining which login screen you are at and what the corresponding username and password are.
Proxy Server Login
This is what you will see when trying to access a resource that is licensed or in one of our research databases, making it limited to current HIU students, faculty, and staff. For most patrons, your username and password correspond to you HIU email address (example: email@example.com). If you are a SALT student, this will be your ID# and password.
If you have not set up your HIU email address or are having problems accessing your email, please contact Information Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Until you have set up your email account, you will not be able to login here.
The proxy server login is used primarily to:
1. Search Research Databases (like ProQuest, PsycINFO, ERIC, etc.)
2. Access full text of online journal articles (through Research Databases or the Catalog)
3. Access full text of ebooks (through the Catalog or the ebook databases)
Patron Account Login
This is what you will see when you are asked to log in to view your patron account. This is where you will be able to place holds, see what you currently have checked out, renew items, and view your fines etc. You will log in using your HIU ID number (6 digit #) and password that you create.
- You can log into your account from any page of the library catalog (accessible at http://hiu.worldcat.org or from our homepage) by clicking on the sign in link next to "My Library Account."
- Go to the library catalog (accessible at http://hiu.worldcat.org or from our homepage)
- Click on the sign in link next to "My Library Account" in the upper right hand corner
- Click "Set/reset your password?"
- In the window that opens, type your 6 digit HIU ID#; then click "Request new password"
- This will send an email to your HIU email address with a link to set up/update your password
- Follow the link in the email to create your password