Answered By: Robin Hartman Last Updated: Dec 06, 2016 Views: 161
You can renew your books (online or in person) once before having to return them. To renew your books online you have to Sign Up to activate your Darling Library Patron account first. Then you will be able to Sign in with your University ID number and the password you create in the sign-up process (below) to not only renew books, but place holds, request interlibrary loans, and even have books sent to the Anaheim campus to pick up if you attend classes there.
- Go to http://library.hiu.edu/.
- Click on Advanced Search (under the search box).
- Click on Sign In next to Darling Library (upper right corner)
- Click on Forgot your password?
- Enter your HIU ID number as your User Name.
- Click on the Request new password button
- Check your HIU email account** for a message with a link to reset (create) the password for your library account.
Subject: Your library account
To RENEW your books,
- Click on My Library Account. A list of books you have checked out should appear.
- Click on the Renew button next to the item you wish to renew.
**NOTE: If you are a current student, staff, or faculty member at Hope, you should have an hiu.edu email address. To activate your account contact Information Technology at (714) 879-3901, x2607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you have trouble renewing your books or have other questions for the library after that, call the front desk at (714) 879-3901, x1234.