Answered By: Terri Bogan Last Updated: Feb 03, 2016 Views: 94
We have over 125,000 eBooks in the Library catalog. You don't need a Kindle or any special app to read them (though you can download most of our ebooks to a computer or mobile device if you prefer).
- Go to the library's home page (http://library.hiu.edu) and enter your topic, book title, or author in the search box and click the "Go" button.
- After your search is completed, you can limit your list of results to just eBooks accessible to you by using the filters on the left side of the Results list. Do this by:
- checking the Hope International University box listed under Library
- checking the eBook box listed under Format
- To read an ebook, click the View Online link. You may be asked to login using your HIU email and password.
Watch the video tutorial below to see how this is done.
HELPFUL HINT #1: Create a personal account with the eBook vendor.
There are helpful features like "My Bookshelf", note-taking, and highlighting available if you Sign In to create a personal account with the ebook vendor. The Sign In to create or open your personal account with the ebook vendor is usually found in the upper right corner of the screen once you've opened an ebook. You can use our ebooks without creating a personal account with the vendor, but you will not be able to take advantage of features or save a book to a folder or bookshelf. This account is between you and the vendor and remains available to you apart from HIU as long as you have access to that vendor's service through a library.
HELPFUL HINT #2: It is not necessary to download our ebooks to a device.
You may read our ebooks online as per above and, by doing so, you will have the added benefit of the online tools such as note taking, highlighting, etc. If you prefer to download to a device, see the link below to find out how to do so.